Write To Your Camper
Our campers love to get mail at camp and to know that someone on the outside is thinking of them. Feel free to send them an encouraging note or just to say hey!
Send your camper a letter by addressing the envelope to:
Camper Name c/o
Bear Lake Camp
1805 S. 16th St.
Albion, IN 46701
Or send an email to:
and just put your camper's name in the subject line.
HERE IS WHAT TO EXPECT AT CHECK IN:
CHECK-IN: DINING HALL PORCH- 10:00AM, Monday Morning (Friday for Primary overnight)
When you arrive, our Service Crew Staff will meet you at the Parking Area to welcome you and direct you to the Dining Hall Porch to get your camper registered.
Before Check-In begins you may:
- Write notes at the Note Writing Station
- Enjoy a coffee in the lobby
- Preview the 2017 t-shirts from the Snack Shack
Table One: Financial Settlement
- (Reg. Fee, T-shirt, Snack Shack & Camp Pictures) If you are pre-paid, we will quickly confirm your payment and speed you through to the next table.
Table Two: Cabin Assignments & Camp Info.
Table Three: Nurse
- Turn in Camper Medical form (given back to you at Table # 1)
- Turn in all medications (Prescription and Over-the-Counter)
- Talk with Medical Staff about any specific needs of your camper
After you have completed “Check-In” you will then move your camper into their assigned cabin, meet their counselor and help your camper get settled before leaving. Take some time to talk with the Camper’s Counselor. They will be working directly with your child all week. If you have any questions or concerns they will be more than happy to help you. After you are all done, we ask that you say your brief good-byes at the cabin. You are then welcome to write some quick notes at the Note Writing Station if you choose and then start on your way home.
- Check-in is @ 10:00AM on Mondays (10Am on Friday for Primary).
- All camp sessions conclude at 10:00AM on Saturday (EXCEPT for Junior 3, which ends at 6:00PM on Friday night).
- Campers leaving camp causes unnecessary distractions to the program and is strongly discouraged. The director must be contacted in advance for exceptions.
- Due to the schedule and the camping experience, we do not encourage visitors during the week. We do encourage friends and family to send letters and e-mails. (send to the camp, care of the camper)
- Please pray that the camp experience will be spiritually enriching for all campers.
- Remind your camper of the following expectations: Attend and participate in all events - Display respect for others and property - Conduct themselves in an appropriate manner.